...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thirty-two

I turned 32 last month.  So far, it's not any different than 31.  I thought about my birthday a lot before it actually occurred, and I normally don't do that.  Something about this one had me thinking a lot.  What have I done?  Where am I going?  What do I want to do?  I don't have the answers to any of those questions...but I wrote some words to 32 several weeks ago...here they are:

I'm putting a lot of hope in you.  I anticipate you'll be filled with love, happiness and new adventure.  As we go through this next year, let's stay focused on Him, ok?  I must confess, I'm going to use you.  I'll use you to draw closer to God.  To grow spiritually.  To serve others.  I'm going to give stuff away.  I'm going to push you really hard to see past yourself and into the world around you - the lives and needs of others.  I expect you to not be so selfish.  I expect you to be stronger.  I expect you to love God, and love others, before yourself.  Welcome, 32.  No pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment