...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The One About December

Tomorrow is the last final of the semester.  I have just over a month of free time.  That is to say, no school. My last semester begins on January 18.  I'm super pumped on several levels.  One, I love - absolutely LOVE the three classes I am taking in the spring.  I'm excited about school for the first time in a long time. Two, it is (most definitely should be!) my last semester as an undergrad.  It seems a stretch to say that hanging a piece of paper on the wall will actually make me a different person, but I feel like it really will.  I haven't figured out exactly how I'll be different, but I think it requires a whole new wardrobe.

Anyway, here's a glimpse of my reading list for the month off:

1. Finish Engage by Nellie Searcy.  (I've started calling him Nellie now.  Apparently, I'll even nickname total strangers.)
2. Simply Strategic Volunteers.  I have a lot of volunteers.  It seems I should read a book about that.
3. The Accidental Creative.
4. Thoughts on the Creative Process.
5. Something fictional and really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment