...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Friday, October 3, 2014

The One About Mike Rowe//Passion

I have become slightly fascinated with Mike Rowe since we used part of his Q talk in worship.  I don't follow him on social media or google him, or anything fanatical...but several times I've stumbled across some pieces by/about him.  One was a nicely written Facebook post he wrote about the ALS ice bucket challenge.  (I should provide the link here, but I'm sure you can find it).  Then today, I came across this:

http://yellowhammernews.com/faithandculture/alabamian-gets-schooled-mike-rowe-dirty-jobs/

I'm glad someone out there is thinking, and then turning those thoughts into articulate and meaningful words on a page.  Live a life filled with passion - but following your passion doesn't always get you where you think it will.  It's important to be smart, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment