...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Round-robin

It's Thursday. That means staff meeting.

It's the last staff meeting before Thanksgiving. That means round-robin, everyone saying what they are thankful for.

A room full of spiritual people, who all love Jesus. Some great answers, honest and sincere.

Here is what I wanted to say:

I'm thankful for my Pastor. He is a wonderful mentor and friend. Hands down, the most long-suffering, patient, and kind man I have ever known.

I am thankful for my son. He's brilliant and innocent and compassionate and kind. I really believe he will do great things for the Kingdom.

I am thankful for our home. We have moved eight times in five years, and for the first time since we moved to Kaufman, our house is finally a home.

I am thankful for peace in my heart. It's been a long time for that one, too. To finally have peace in my life means it's not such a big deal when the copier breaks down, the postage machine needs a refill, we ran out of DVDs too soon, and the mail didn't go out so none of the Deacons got meeting reminders. All on the same day. Sometimes, life feels so filled with the noise of school and work, I am amazed that I lay down at night feeling peace, but there it is. No anxiety anymore. Just peace.

I am thankful to be able to see and hear art. Ok, this one is weird. Sometimes, music fills me up so much, I am surprised that I can't sit down at a piano and play, or sing like some of our amazing artists. But I hear it. And I see it. And I feel it draw me closer to God.

I am thankful for my friend Nikki. For the love that is so open and honest in that relationship.

I am thankful for my cousin AW. She has loved me forever, and always been so good to me.

I am thankful that this year is almost over. It has been a hard year on so many levels. 2011 is bringing obstacles, but 2010 has made me wiser, and I end this year much closer to God than when I started it.

Here is what I think I said:

"(Witty banter...joke...) um, I'm thankful for our home, and my friends in this room, and for Brent."

So, so lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment