...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Monday, May 9, 2011

The One About Mother's Day

I have days where I think I'm navigating this single mom thing pretty well.  I'll think I've taken care of everything.  That everything is cleaned up, paid up, washed up, put up and so on...and it's usually then that I realize - it's him, not me.  God has given me a great kid.  He makes me look good.

Our MD was spent napping (me), playing video games (him), riding bikes (us and the W's) and sticking close to home.  His idea of a perfect day.  I would have thrown in some shopping, but hey - it's not like it was my birthday.  MD is a close cousin to Valentine's Day in my book, but I still like it.

G got a cell phone last week.  He was so excited.  It is his reward for passing the TAKS test, although officially the grades haven't come in yet.  He was with his dad on Saturday, and he sent me a text at 6:57am, "You up yet?"  Man, I love that kid.

Here's my MD gifts:

No comments:

Post a Comment