...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Moving!

So the plan right now is to move next week. For several months, I've looked for a house to live in, and nothing ever panned out. I'd find something I really liked, and something wouldn't be right - and I always asked for God to work it out perfectly - with no obstacles, so that I would clearly know that it was what He wanted me to do. I was disappointed a few times, because there were several houses that I really liked and could see Gavin and me in. I finally decided to stop looking. Now it seems like it's going to happen, and this time the house found me rather than the other way around. Ah, He's like that a lot - when I'm finally like, "Ok, fine, I'll give it a rest" He provides whatever it is. I'm learning to be patient while He works things out for me.

Moving. Yeah. Not fun. I counted it up, and the last four years I have moved a grand total of seven times. Yes, seven. It sucks. I hate moving. Who doesn't? And however sad or not, most of those moves were under some form of stress. I don't think I once moved with excitement or anticipation. So this move is a lot different. While I dread the idea of packing and unpacking, I get an adrenaline shot thinking about sitting in my house at night and reading or blogging...or even staring at the wall. It seems silly (a little) since most of the people who I know read this already have a house and a yard. I've had these things before, but it's been a long time. Who knows how long it will last - only God knows that - but in the mean time, I'm gonna soak it up.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited for you! You'll have to tell me later how it all went down.
    I finally caught up on your blog again. I loved the bucket list!
    Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete