...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The One About All the Things I Needed to Blog

I have wanted to blog all week.  Every night I laid down in bed with words and phrases floating around in my brain, and I didn't get up and write them down.  I should have, because most of them are forever gone.  Here's what they might have looked like:

Monday - The One About How I Should Write My Term Paper - because now it's almost Easter Sunday and that paper is due (10 pages) on April 25.  It's not even started.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I did save a template and give it a title.

Tuesday - The One About Getting Ready for Tenebrae

Wednesday - The One About Tenebrae and Wednesday - What a beautiful service.  It's my second favorite service of the year, and it feels so special.  I love Holy Week, and how we draw so much closer to the passion of Christ during this time.  The service went well.

I was talking to my friend Aaron about this day in Jesus' life.  Wednesday, the day before the Last Supper.  What was Jesus doing on this day?  The Gospels don't tell us, and Aaron said some scholars think Jesus was in hiding because of what had happened in the temple on Monday and Tuesday.  I want to know.  Where was he?  What was he doing?  Who was he with?

Thursday - The One About Still Thinking About Blogging and What Jesus Was Doing on Wednesday

Friday - The One About Good Friday - The office is closed on Good Friday, but several of us were there getting ready for Easter.  I was satisfied with how we concluded the week, all we got done, and what Easter Sunday looks like.  Nervous.  Excited.  Grumpy.  Anxious.  Nervous.

Gavin had a baseball game.  Love watching him play ball.

Saturday - The One About Saturday - We had band rehearsal this morning, then I went through the sermon several times with the Pastor.  Nap.  Service at Lake Pointe.  Dinner.  Shopping.  Now sitting up when I should be sleeping.

Thoughts about tomorrow - it will go well.  The team will all give their best.  We will celebrate the victory of Jesus over death and the grave!  I already feel so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment