...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Monday, December 6, 2010

I Need Two Open Windows!

I've stopped saying my name when I answer the phone at the office. I just say, "First Baptist Church!" People ALWAYS think I'm Kay Miller, and launch into questions and giving information, and I have no idea what they're talking about. It usually ends with me saying, "Oh, you must be looking for Kay Miller! Please hold..." But there is always confusion.

Last Tuesday was no different, except for the fact that Kay Miller was out when I answered the phone for my daily dose of mistaken identity. Here's the scene: imagine it is your grandma on the phone. She can't hear you. She's talking really loudly. You have no clue what she's talking about. There is mass confusion.

Me: First Baptist Church!

Your Grandma: Kay! I need two open windows!

Me: (Knowing I am not the Kay she thinks I am). Um. Ok. What is that? (with a smile in my voice, just like Kay Mil would have).

Your Grandma: I need two open windows!

Me: (Trying to think fast, because it is SO like Kay Miller to go to someone's house and open their windows for them. I would do it, but it was 50 degrees outside, and aren't Grandmas usually cold? Confused...). Ok, I guess I don't know what that is.

Your Grandma: Open windows!

Me: Ok, I'll tell Kay you called.

Your Grandma: Ok, honey. Tell her to leave them at the welcome center!

Thank goodness there was someone in the office to explain to me that open windows are actually Open Windows. Quarterly devotion books. I laughed myself silly on that one.

The next day, a very familiar face came by and asked for an Open Window. I told him the story and we had a good laugh. But then I sat down thinking, I didn't even know what that was a day ago. Why am I getting all the Open Windows people? I'm trying to listen to the Holy Spirit. So now, I'm reading Open Windows. But hey, they're short. And large print. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment