...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Wouldn't Call it a Bust

The first sabbath didn't last a full 24 hours, but I feel really good about the day.  I slept until 10:30, then spent the better part of the  morning and afternoon alternately snoozing and reading.  Some people are against tv on Sabbath, but I watched a lot of Expedition Wild too.  

We added a song to the worship set late in the week, and I forgot to load up the chart and mp3 so I had to run up to the church and do that.  Someone else needed something as well, which ended in me cleaning out a popcorn machine.  But I realized the spirit in which these things were done felt joyful.  That is so much better than feeling like it's "my" day and being resentful about how I spent the time God gave me.  

I think Sabbath days will be different (very) when Gavin is here.  It will be a huge blessing for us.  He loves quality time.  

Not sure how today could have gone any better.  I could bring home my laptop in the future.  Then what took 15 minutes would have only taken 1. I can think about it more in advance, plan for it.  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment