...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, January 20, 2011

On Trust

I was thinking today about wise words from my friend Kim.  She is a kind lady, full of grace and southern hospitality. She and I were talking before Christmas about a difficult time I was having trusting someone. I had a million reasons to never trust or believe anything this person would ever say, and Kim's advice: what if you decided to trust until your trust is broken again? Otherwise you will never break out of this cycle.

It seems so simple, and yet it shook me. I knew instantly she was right and it was a way to break out of the anger and resentment I was feeling for ever having my trust broken in the first place. I know other people who operate this way, and give the benefit of the doubt easier than I do. I'm not saying this will work for every situation of broken trust, and it does put a person at risk, but it worked in this situation and I broke out of the bondage I was feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment