...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The One About the Fifth Day of Spring Break

We didn't do anything today, and I loved it.  We didn't even leave the house.  I did, however, take a shower.

I'm sitting in Cindy & Bub's bedroom, on their floor - looking out at their backyard.  Here's a pic:


I've seen pics of it in summer...that is a beautiful greenbelt, you just can't tell right now.  It's still really serene for me.  You might think its weird that I'm sitting in their bedroom, but I had to plug my laptop into their...um...modem?  Router?  What's the right word, here?  I'm not sure...I have someone in charge of electronicals in my life.  I don't know the right words for these things...Anyway, we tried unsuccessfully last night to crack their password to get on wirelessly, which leads me to being connected the old-fashioned way.  The box thingy is in their bedroom.

I love these people.  It has been a great time here.  We've talked about life, ministry, love, people, relationships, pain, forgiveness, repentance...just to name a few.  Our kids have played great together.  We've rested a lot, slept late, taken naps...It has really been great.

Tomorrow, we leave to two days in Chicago.  I'm stoked, to put it mildly.  I'm also nervous.  I'm a country mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment