...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The One About Me Being Right

Back in September I told a friend, "I wish I could fast forward six months.  I know in six months I won't feel this way."  That was seven months ago.  I was right!!  If there is one thing I know how to do, it's how to let God heal me and move on.  Even in moments of crazy my-life-is-insane-and-upside-down pain, I know I'm going to be ok.

I offer a few reasons why I know this:

1. History tells me so.  My own history.

2. The people who love me tell me so.

3. I tell myself so.

4. The Bible tells me so.  Romans 8:28.  And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.  Because I've made mistakes, I want to allow God to redeem those in me and let them be used for good.  Several weeks ago, I got a random request to talk with someone I don't really know that well because he was struggling and knew I had been in his shoes.  He wanted to talk about his junk, and I wanted to let God use my junk...so we talked.  I had to pull back the veil on some of the junk in my past so this person would know I had the authority to say the things I was saying.  That was tough.  But God used it.

I love what happens at the end of Genesis 50.  Joseph tells his brothers - you intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good.  Sometimes people don't intend to harm us, but they do.  Sometimes we don't intend to harm others, but we do.  Sometimes we don't intend to harm ourselves...but we do.  Whichever way it goes down, God can use it for good.  The hard part is not knowing how He's going to use it.  The beauty is knowing He will, and seeing when He does!

No comments:

Post a Comment