...to all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Isaiah 61:3

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The One About the First Day of Spring Break

We woke up in Springfield.  I'm still tired.  We slept good, but G$ woke up early.

It's been a long time since I've been through Oklahoma.  G$ asked me if I like Texas or Oklahoma better.  I just stared at him.  That got me thinking about why we think everything is better in Texas.

1. Because it has that cool shape that everyone knows is Texas.  If you saw the shape of Missouri, would you know it was Missouri?  No, but I do believe that most people recognize TX!
2. All the way across OK, we saw and smelled smoke.  I asked someone about it, and she said they've had a lot of grass fires.  So there's that.  Texas isn't on fire.  In a good way.
3. We have nice rest stops.  G$ and I have a strict policy about stopping to potty when we travel.  Unless we need gas, we stop at rest stops.  We spend less money that way.
4. And I don't know why else we think TX is better, but most of us do.

Traffic was great on the way here.  90% of the time, we were on cruise control and just enjoyed the drive.  We are heading out soon, possibly stopping at the arch today in St. Louis.    All I've seen so far of Missouri has been in the dark.

1 comment:

  1. Uhhh...hello? We have George Strait!

    I love road trips so I'm jealous. Hope y'all are having fun. Be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete